28/05/2012>>>

Went to see The Horrors at Brixton Academy on Friday 25th May...

I've only even seen snippets of their sets at various festivals so I was VERY excited to see them play a headline show, what with Skying being one of my favourite albums of last year. (Probably THE favourite.)

Support was from Bo Ningen, Toy and Beak... the sound at Brixton Academy always seems to be incredibly shit for support bands and tonight was no exception, which was really annoying as what Toy was playing sounded really interesting... hopefully will get to see them play again before long... 

Beak came out and played a bunch of stuff from their forthcoming album which is going to be released soon on Invada Records, finishing with Wulfstan which is one of my favourite tracks of theirs. 

The Horrors were absolutely unspeakably amazing, so incredible I can't describe it, I had a huge smile on my face as I was dancing, the LIGHT SHOW was fucking AWESOME and blinding and it was really amazing to see the reaction they got... I think it may have been their biggest UK headline show to date? Well it must have been a huge buzz for them and well deserved, they're one of the best if not THE best band in the UK right now. They really fucked with the tracks too, extending n droning bliss...
Noisy krauty jangly shimmery beautiful wonderfulness.