16/12/2011>>>


We went to see Get The Blessing last night at The Canteen on Stokes Croft in Bristol. 



I'd only ever caught snatches of their sets before... and I'm not in a very good state to be writing today but it was fucking amazing, better than I was expecting it to be and I was expecting it to be VERY, VERY GOOD INDEED. 


Sax tortured and pulled through delay, stretched woodwind ghosts bumping into mirrors and trumpet maze... (I love trumpets) 
Lightning fingers like piano hammers, pounding straight in and destroying my imagination and just about one of the damned best drummers ever witnessed. 


Really looking forward to seeing them again... new album coming in 2012!

(Annoyingly I managed to miss the Big Naturals and Anthroprophh creating some killer riffs down at Kings Square Arts Space though what I heard from outside was sounding brutal. )

Thanks to Statick for these photos.